When we talk cars that are truly classy and classic in all spheres of it, we talk BMW. Historically, the BMW has enjoyed a status as being the “elite”. It is not one of the random vehicles you see everywhere. Although the vehicles are designed for various occasions, they have segregated themselves to be among the most rated and loved.
Ride around in a “Beemer” as they are popularly called, and you project an aura of sophistication and elegance. You wouldn’t expect any less from a brand in the same class as the likes of Mercedes, jaguar and Rolls Royce. While the automobile brand boasts of so many sophisticating vehicle series, one stands out and remains among the most popular – introducing the BMW X series.
Whatever amazing things you have heard about the X series are most likely true. From the amazingly powerful engine to its extraordinary performance on the road through to its truly remarkable interior and well-built body, only one thing oozes at the sight of the BMW X series – class.
By all means, the X series rate among the most popular and most sought after BMW series in Africa. They not only fit into various occasions, but the vehicles in this series also boast amazing features that make them popular among elite vehicles in recent times. Talk about performance, talk about efficiency, talk about durability and ruggedness, the X series tick the boxes and lots more.
There are various classes of the X series in the market today. They vary in sizes, designs, features and prices. While these series vary in diverse ways, they maintain almost similar efficiency and all carry the same feel and vibe of the BMW. Generally, the various X series models available today also slightly vary in functionality and operation, although they uphold guaranteed efficiency and flawless handling. They also sometimes vary in fuel efficiency, engine sizes and some other core features.
It is no secret the Kenyan market loves these vehicles. Although they are relatively expensive, considering the price they go for in the market and their maintenance, they still somehow rate among the top most loved vehicle around. This post answers some questions about prices of various models of this series. Here, we will take a look at some of the most popular models in the series, their core properties and how much they go for in the market, both new and used.
Prices of BMW X1 in Kenya
The BMW X1 is the smallest and least expensive SUV from BMW. Although this rates among the top mid-size SUV in the automobile market today, it is considered the most easily affordable SUV in the series.
Despite its relatively low price, the X1 boast a remarkable efficiency and outstanding performance. This subcompact crossover SUV comes in one main trim level, with a few options and packages available. The base setup is the BMW X1 sDrive – a front-wheel-drive SUV with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
The BMW X1 is an excellent choice for those who don’t want to drive a behemoth SUV, but still need more functions than a random car typically offers. You can also consider the X1 if you want classic BMW driving dynamics in a lightweight vehicle that is easy to park.
Brand New BMW X1
Buying an X1 is straightforward: its selections list is best described as BMW Lite, with only one main choice. As the brand’s entry-level, small SUV, the X1 misses out on some ingenious tech equipment and luxurious features like ventilated front seats.
On the average, a brand new BMW X1 can be purchased between Ksh 5 Million – Ksh 6 Million, the cheapest BMW SUV available today.
Foreign Used BMW X1 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 2 million –3 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 2.2 million – KSh 2.55 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 2.5 million –8 million
- 2015 – 2017: Ksh 2.7 million to Ksh 3.5 million
Locally Used BMW X1 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 1.5 million –8 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 1.6 million – KSh2 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 2 million –2 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 2.3 million – KSh2.8 million
The X1 may be a midsize SUV, but its seats are not that tight and subpar. This 2-row SUV has seating for five, and there’s sufficient space for a pair of adults to relax in the front or the back. Optional resting and sliding rear seats make the second row even cozier. For the most part, the X1 feels first-class inside.
Artisanship is the same top-notch quality as other BMWs, and quality trimmings such as fleecy aluminum and piano black add to its classy styling. Note that artificial leather is the typical seat upholstery. Unlike with Mercedes-Benz’s high-grade leatherette seats, not everyone is impressed with BMW’s SensaTec fabric. Asides that, you can be sure of a top class mid-SUV.
Prices of BMW X3 in Kenya
The BMW X3 is one of the better performers in the class, delivering agile handling and plenty of power. It’s also practical, with great fuel economy and cargo capacity. The seats are spacious and comfortable, and the technology is user-friendly. In fact, the X3 really doesn’t do anything badly; there are just some rivals that stand out a little more in some respects. The X3 certainly makes a compelling argument for itself, and nobody will fault you for buying one.
However, because of its above-average base price, you could argue that some competitors are a better value. The X3 is a little higher than the X1 in terms of class and overall functionality although they maintain similar handling and operation. The X3, like other X series is rated among the very best SUVs in the current market, with a special reference to the 2019 model.
Brand New BMW X3
The BMW X3 is not the most popular BMW vehicle in the market. You wouldn’t expect so much from a vehicle that started relatively low compared to other members of the X series. Yet, the feel around this SUV is amazing.
From its interior to its outstanding build, you wouldn’t expect it to come cheap. With the current inconsistency in the currency exchange rate, a brand new BMW X3 can still be gotten between Ksh 7 million and ksh 9 Million. Factors like custom clearance charges and place and period of purchase may directly or indirectly influence the eventual price of the SUV.
Foreign Used BMW X3 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 2.8 million –5 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 3.4 million – KSh 3.95 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 3.8 million –5 million
- 2015 – 2017: Ksh 4.5 million to Ksh 5 million
Locally Used BMW X3 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 2.2 million –5 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 2.6 million –9 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 2.8 million –5 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 3.4 million – KSh3.8 million
Many years ago, it might have been quite tricky to foresee the success of the X3. Back then, BMW’s 3 Series wagon set the standard for the class and offered all the functionality you could want in a vehicle that size. Why get a vehicle that didn’t boast a similar handling and got worse fuel economy? But that original X3 helped pioneer the entry-level luxury SUV class, and the 2019 X3 is now a vastly important model in the BMW line-up.
Honestly, the latest model of the X3 SUV is not very different from the generation before it. Even those only acquainted with the second-generation X3 wouldn’t find so many differences in the latest model. BMW has focused on finessing the X3 into its present form rather than making any drastic changes.
Prices of BMW X5 in Kenya
When it comes to sporty SUVs, it is hard to pick one in present time above the BMW X5. Its strong engines and poised handling give it an athletic feel without forgoing quality ride. In the interior, this SUV is soft and comfortable, and it offers plenty of easy to use features. A few rivals are more chic, but this BMW delivers a blend of performance and luxury that few competitors can match.
The BMW X5 comes in two different models. The powerful three liter, six-cylinder engine gives you great performance and speed. The chance for quick pick-up and the ability to manoeuvre in tight spaces and park light let you know that this is a sports utility SUV. The interior design as well as the state of the art accessories as well as the smooth body design let you know that you are driving a BMW, one of the most deluxe automobiles in the world.
Brand New BMW X5
The X5 series is one of the most popular BMW X series in the automobile world today. Is it expensive? Pretty much. Is it worth the price? Of course, you can say that again. The X5 is rated among the most expensive BMW SUVs in the automobile world today and it shouldn’t come as a surprise given its remarkable features and amazing efficiency.
On the average, a brand new BMW X5, regardless of the model, trim, currency exchange rate and other similar factors, can be purchased between Ksh 8 million and Ksh 11 Million.
Foreign Used BMW X5 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 4 million –5 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 5.3 million – KSh 5.95 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 5.5 million –5 million
- 2015 – 2017: Ksh 6.5 million to Ksh 7 million
Locally Used BMW X5 in Kenya
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 3 million – KSh 4 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 3.9 million – KSh 5 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 5 million –7 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 5.5 million – KSh5.8 million
BMW reformed the X5 for the 2019 model year, making it the debut version of the new X5 generation. Compared to the previous model, the 2019 X5’s base engine offers more power and better fuel economy.
The new model’s interior looks improved than the 2018 model’s, and it comes with more customary features, including a larger touch screen, Apple CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert.
Prices of BMW X6 in Kenya
The X6 blends a coupe’s fastback roofline and a crossover’s high-riding capability—with splitting results. The rare styling marks a reduced cargo space—which is its Adown side—but those looking for a non-traditional artistic in their SUV will have to live with reduced practicality.
The X6 supports its luxury bona fides with a attractively crafted interior and a strong infotainment system. Unfortunately, it iss easy to balloon the bottom line with options. While the X6 makes a strong pictorial statement, crossover consumers will pay more for less with this puzzling Bimmer.
Brand New BMW X6
Arguably among the most expensive of the Luxury series, the X6 is one that has divided opinions. Every model now features standard Apple CarPlay and these driver assists: automated emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, forward-collision warning, pedestrian detection, and speed-limit information.
On the average, a brand new BMW X6, regardless of the model, trim, currency exchange rate and other similar factors, can be purchased between Ksh 9 million and Ksh 12 Million.
Foreign Used BMW X6 in Kenya
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 3.9 million –5 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 4.3 million –5 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 5.3 million – KSh 5.95 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 5.8 million –5 million
- 2015 – 2017: Ksh 6.9 million to Ksh 7.8 million
Locally Used BMW X6 in Kenya
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 3 million – KSh 3.6 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 3.8 million – KSh 4.5 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 4.3 million – KSh 4.8 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 4.5 million –4 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 5.7 million – KSh6.6 million
BMW has standardized excellent powertrains, and the X6 is a good example of that. Its 300-hp turbocharged six-cylinder has lots of power and offers it in a smooth rush.
See Prices of Other Cars in Kenya
- Audi Q7 Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- BMW Prices in Kenya: X1, X3, X5, X6, X7 (2021) – New & Used
- Bridgestone Tyres Price List in Kenya 
- Ford Ranger Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda CRV Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Fit Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Insight Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Stream Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Hoverboard Prices In Kenya (2021)
- Lexus Cars & Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Mazda Demio Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Mazda Verisa Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Mitsubishi RVR Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Nissan Dualis Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan Juke Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan March Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Nissan Note Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan Tiida Price in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Range Rover Prices in Kenya (2021) – Sport, Velar, Evoque, etc.
- Subaru Cars in Kenya & Price List (2021)
- Subaru Forester Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Subaru Impreza Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Suzuki Alto Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- TVS Motorcycle Prices in Kenya