What comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘Vigo’ Some gigantic Toyota automobile? One of those new school smart cars manufactured by Toyota? Close enough. Toyota Vigo is perhaps, an uncommon name for one of Toyota’s most popular brands: Hilux.
For all the right reasons, the Toyota Vigo has dominated the pickup market ever since the first model was released many years ago. Some call it the ‘king of the road’, some others term it the most rugged Toyota vehicle ever. Either way, there is one thing no one can deny about this truck: it is one of the most successful Toyota products ever.
If you are a fan of trucks, you will definitely be familiar with the efficiency, ruggedness, and overall functionality of this vehicle. It is rated among the very best on the road and thanks to a strong engine, well-built body, and sleek design, it also functions as a smart vehicle and fits into various occasions.
You wouldn’t be wrong to cruise it as a family vehicle in the morning and a cargo for loads in the evening. Spacious, sleek, smooth, beautiful, and attractive; what else would you want from a dynamic truck?
Kenyans love dynamism. It is probably one of the reasons the Vigo is among the most sought-after truck in recent times. The fact that, despite the truck being on the expensive side, its spare parts are readily available and affordable makes this Toyota revelation more popular in the Kenyan market.
Would you like to know more about this vehicle? You are on the right page. Here, we will take a look at the prices of various models of the vehicle and some of its core specifications.
Prices of Brand New Toyota Vigo in Kenya
The brand new version of the latest model of Toyota Vigo ranges between KSh 6,500,000 and KSh 8,000,000, depending on the year of production and trim. Some factors like currency exchange rate and custom clearance tariffs play a huge part in the variation of the prices.
Toyota Vigo remains one of the strongest and most efficient trucks to be ever manufactured by Toyota. In fact, it rates among the very best in the automobile world and proudly stands among the most sold products. No doubt the sleekness, efficiency, and overall functionality affect how much it goes for in the market.
Prices of Used Toyota Vigo in Kenya
For strong vehicles like Toyota Vigo, buying a used version, whether foreign or locally used, wouldn’t be a bad idea. Toyota has over time manufactured strong and reliable vehicles and this is the heart of it. Vehicles like this don’t easily lose their efficiency and quality and it would be a much cheaper option to go for a used version. Used Toyota Vigo is readily available across the country. In some cases, you might not even need to bother about clearance charges and tariffs, especially when you are purchasing a locally used version.
The list below shows the prices of both foreign used and locally used Toyota Vigo in Kenya today. The disparity in these prices is a result of certain factors including the year of manufacture of the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle at that time, the current value of the vehicle, the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase, custom clearance tariffs, etc.
Foreign Used Toyota Vigo in Kenya
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 1.2 million – KSh1.8 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 2 million – KSh2.7 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 2.8 million – KSh3.5 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 3 million – KSh3.8 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 3.2 million – KSh4 million
- 2017 – 2020: KSH: Ksh 3.8 million – Ksh 5.9 million
Locally Used Toyota Vigo in Kenya
- 2005 & 2006: KSH 800, 000 – KSh980, 000
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 900 million – KSh1.2 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 1 million – KSh2 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 1.3 million – KSh1.8 million
- 2013 & 2014: KSH 1.5 million – KSh2 million
- 2015 & 2016: KSH 2 million – KSh3 million
- 2017 – 2020: KSH: Ksh 2.8 million – Ksh 4 million
The latest models of Toyota Vigo boast an efficient 2.4-litre diesel engine. The 2.4 litre is more efficient than the 3.0-litre unit it replaced, and the 295lb-ft of torque available in the new engine is more than the previous one.
Just as it is with most other brands under the Toyota range of vehicles, the Hilux has definitely undergone a lot of metamorphoses. Production on the first generation of Hilux vehicles actually started in March 1968, although most of these cars are no longer in existence.
While the passenger space is phenomenal, the cargo space in the Vigo is also worth the hype. The storage in this truck is noticeably more spacious compared to similar models in a similar repertoire.
What you’ll love about the Toyota Hilux
One of the major strengths of the Toyota Hilux is actually the fact that regardless of the engine variant you choose (and there are actually quite a few to be chosen from), you can rest assured that what you’ll get is reliable and strong.
Smooth Gearbox Transmission
Also if you go on to choose the automatic transmission variant of the Hilux, the gearbox transmission is also pretty smooth, and this will go a long way to contribute to the overall safety and enjoyment of your driving experiences.
Just as it is with a lot of Toyota brand names, the Hilux features a proper design that you will definitely be proud of.
What You Might Not Like About Toyota Vigo
One of the very few downsides of this vehicle is that it consumes a lot of fuel; you wouldn’t expect anything less from a vehicle with such a powerful engine. Despite the size, Toyota could have done better with the fuel efficiency although the latest models are much better in this aspect.
Despite its great handling, Toyota Vigo feels heavy. This is not such a bad thing though but is somewhat a turn-off for lovers of sports cars.
Prices of Other Vehicles in Kenya
- Toyota Alphard Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Belta Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Fielder Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Harrier Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Hiace Bus Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Toyota Mark X Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Noah Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Prado Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Premio Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Probox Prices in Kenya (March 2023)
- Toyota Raum Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Rush Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Succeed Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vanguard Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vigo Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vitz Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Wish Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used