Toyota has become one of the most popular automobile brands in Kenya today and it is easy to see why. The brand has not only been synonymous with brilliance in automobile production, but it has also rated among the most commercial and marketable automobile brands in this generation. The brand has come up with innovative vehicles over the years and one of the most popular in Eastern Africa today is the Toyota Wish.
If you are looking for a sharp vehicle that is comfortable, effective, easy to maintain, and relatively affordable, then the Toyota Wish is one you should strongly consider. This lovely automobile poses the shape of what you would expect from a medium-size vehicle without being loathsome or pricey. It comfortably seats 6 to 7 passengers with extra space for luggage and operates smoothly to top efficiency.
Wish represents a reasonable and cheaper option for lovers of Corolla or Camry who want an MPV without necessarily compromising efficiency, functionality, or quality.
Although some other top Toyota vehicles boast of better features and slightly better functionality, Wish is one vehicle that is reliable and gives you just what you want. The general belief is that the Toyota Wish is remarkably economical in terms of fuel consumption. Although this consensus is true, it largely depends on the model and options of Wish you go for.
Here, we will take a look at the review of the Toyota wish, considering how much it goes for in the current market as well as its basic features.
Brand New Toyota Wish Prices in Kenya
Although Toyota stopped the production of Toyota Wish in 2017, a brand new version of the latest models is still readily available. They can be gotten directly from Toyota companies or any local or international distributor across the country.
Like most other Toyota Brands in its class, Toyota Wish is not expensive, relatively. The price it goes for is affected by some factors which one of the core is the currency exchange rate. Toyota Wish was discontinued in 2017 and hence, brand new versions are no longer up for sale.
Prices of Used Toyota Wish in Kenya
Depending on the type, model, reliability, and durability of a vehicle, used versions are most times a great option. For a strong and durable vehicle like the Wish, buying a foreign used or neat locally used version of the vehicle is a reasonable option. It not only saves you a chunk of money, but it also saves you time. You can buy a used version of Toyota Wish and still enjoy almost the same value as a brand new version.
Here are the prices of Foreign used and locally used Toyota wish in Kenya in the current market.
Foreign Used Wish in Kenya
- 2005 & 2006: KSH 800, 000 – KSh900, 000
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 850, 000 – KSh1 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 950, 000 – KSh1.2 million
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 1.2 million – KSh1.4 million
- 2013 – 2014: KSH 1.25 million – KSh1.6 million
Locally Used Toyota Wish in Kenya
- 2005 & 2006: KSH 500, 000 – KSh6800, 000
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 650, 000 – KSh750, 000
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 700, 000 – KSh900, 000
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 800, 000 – KSh1.1 million
- 2013 – 2014: KSH 900, 000 – KSh1.3 million
Things You Should Know About the vehicle
Without a doubt, one of the most amazing and attractive features of the Toyota Wish is the massive amount of space. The vehicle was officially released for sale in 2003. Built under the theme of “Wish Comes True”, the automobile was intended as a vehicle that stands out the practicality, sleekness, and sportiness of new-generation vehicles, going beyond the existing automobile. With the 6 or 7 seat options, the Toyota Wish comes with lovely car seats in three-row, each row comfortably some distance from the other.
The Latest Toyota Wish model is available in various options including the 1.8L and 2.0L variants. It was designed specifically to output optimal performance. It was designed in a way as to deliver advanced power output and superior acceleration responsiveness, as well as notably decreasing fuel consumption and optimizing fuel efficiency.
It features a 7-speed Sports Sequential Shiftmatic transmission, which provides the driver with the preference of gentle gear shifts and aids smooth drive. Depending on the model and type of Toyota Wish, there is also the option of the Smart Entry and Push Start system, which does not require a key to start.
The Toyota Wish is relatively fuel-efficient and deserves applause coming it’s way. The estimated fuel consumption for the automobile is spotted around 12.8km/L to 14.4km/L, and can even go above this without any real threat. The exterior of Toyota Wish is designed sport-like. For the interior, there is spacious head clearance and wide-leg space despite its long wheelbase and flat door. The third-row seats can be adjusted by one touch, with the reclining function. The driver’s seat is very comfortable and the passengers’ seats are as well lovely. The vehicle boasts a vertical 4-lamp system headlamp and a 1.8-litre BEAMS engine.
Toyota Wish: Things You Will Like About The Car
- Pocket-Friendly: Whether buying the brand new version or the used version, you will most likely appreciate the price these versions go for. Given the features and attractive characteristics, you would expect a model in that level more expensive. This vehicle represents great value for money.
- Easy to Maintain: You wouldn’t need to spend so much maintaining this vehicle. The spare parts are relatively available and affordable.
- Lovely Fuel Economy: This is another really amazing characteristic of Toyota Wish. Despite its medium size and 3-row sitting arrangement, the vehicle is highly fuel-efficient. The estimated fuel consumption for the automobile is spotted around 12.8km/L to 14.4km/L, and can even go above this without any real threat. Amazing.
Things You May not like about the Car
One of the most noticeable downsides of this vehicle is that the car is not stylish enough. The vehicle does not strike as a particular class and sleek. While the body and design are quite okay, the interior does not give such a vibe. More should have been done with and to the interior. Those looking for a stylish MVP might be disappointed with the interior design.
Prices of Other Cars in Kenya
- Toyota Alphard Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Belta Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Fielder Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Harrier Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Hiace Bus Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Toyota Mark X Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Noah Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Prado Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Premio Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Probox Prices in Kenya (December 2023)
- Toyota Raum Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Rush Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Succeed Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vanguard Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vigo Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Vitz Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Toyota Wish Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used