When it comes to vehicles that are relatively affordable and yet maintain standard efficiency, then you should consider Honda Automobile. Apart from the fact that Honda vehicles are among the most popular on the streets of Kenya, they have developed a reputation of maintaining great efficiency despite their relatively competitive price.
While they are not as popular as the likes of Toyota and Nissan vehicles, Honda vehicles have earned positive reviews in terms of fuel economy and overall functionality. One Honda vehicle that stands out and has earned even better reviews than most others in its category – introducing the Honda Insight.
If you are a lover and close follower of Honda vehicles, then the Honda Insight would most likely be your favourite Honda sedan in its class. The vehicle has not only wowed fans across the world with its firm on-the-road features, its interior and unique design has made the vehicle find its way into the hearts of the people.
The Honda Insight isn’t the best of sedans of course, but it surely rates among those that you cannot get off your mind easily. There are many sedans in the automobile market that are reasonably priced but what makes the Honda Insight stand out is easy handling. It is one of those few vehicles that everyone is sure to love, even from a distance.
In this post, we will take a look at how much a brand new Honda Insight goes for in the market. We will also consider the prices of used versions of popular models of the vehicle.
Prices of Brand new Honda Insight
Honda Insight can be purchased directly from the manufacturer outside the country. They can also be gotten from international and local distributors within and outside the country. It should be noted that vehicles bought directly from the company are always cheaper than those gotten from distributors.
The latest models of the Honda Insight can be purchased between KSh2, 800, 000 and KS3, 500, 000 depending on the trim and year of production. Depending on some factors including the currency exchange rate at the period of purchase, custom clearance tariff, and other similar factors, the price of this vehicle may vary per time. To be certain, it is always advisable to confirm the prices of products in the market before buying.
Given the strength of the Honda Insight, it is always advisable to purchase a brand new version as it guarantees better efficiency, smoother ride, and lovelier functionality.
Prices of Used Honda Insight in Kenya
It is no news that used vehicles have the market in Kenya now. The great news is, irrespective of the brand and car, you can be guaranteed to find a used version. The only issue is, most vehicles vary in durability and ruggedness, which means there is a strong tendency they’d vary in second-hand value. Honda, for instance, is not the most rugged auto brand but one can still get a neatly used version that still maintains great efficiency and expected features.
Foreign Used Honda Insight in Kenya
- 2005 & 2006: KSH 650, 000 – KSh800, 000
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 700, 000 – KSh850, 000
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 750, 000 – KSh950, 000
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 900, 000 – KSh1.3 million
- 2013 – 2014: KSH 1.2 million – KSh1.5 million
- 2015 – 2016: KSH 1.4 million – KSh 1.8 million
Locally Used Honda Insight in Kenya
- 2005 & 2006: KSH 500, 000 – KSh650, 000
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 550, 000 – KSh700, 000
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 600 million – KSh750, 000
- 2011 & 2012: KSH 750, 000 – KSh 950, 000
- 2013 & 2014: KSH900, 000 – KSh1.1 million
The list above shows the prices of foreign and locally used Honda Insight in Kenya in 2019. It should be noted that the variation in these prices could be as a result of certain factors including the year of production of the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle, the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase, custom clearance tariffs, and other similar factors. Also, factors like the place of purchase can also have a thing or two to do with the eventual price of the vehicle.
Honda Insight: Things You Should Know About the Vehicle
The Honda Insight is classified among the most successful Honda mid-range sedans of all time. It has enough power and acceleration for most driving conditions and lovely handling, though you won’t confuse it for a sports car. The Insight delivers some of the best fuel mileage ratings of any car on the road in recent times. The Insight feels nice from the interior, and there are plenty of tech features and easy to use gadgets.
The Honda Insight is available in three major trims: LX, EX, and Touring. All models feature a four-cylinder engine, an electric motor, a continuously variable automatic transmission, and a front-wheel drive. Various trims boast various features. If you want a more tech-inclined Insight, you should consider the trim that offers more gadgets and boast lovelier features.
The EX makes a good choice for many buyers because, in addition to the LX’s ample features list, the EX adds some extra infotainment and connectivity features. The Touring will also appeal to some customers because it adds many luxury features not available in lower trims, such as leather fabric and heated front seats.
This Honda Insight sedan seats five people. Both rows provide a decent volume of space by compact car criteria, though the existing moonroof cuts into headroom. The seats are affably comfortable and have an acceptable amount of support for most people, though taller passengers in the back may not find it particularly welcoming during longer trips.
The Insight comes normal with driver drowsiness monitoring, traffic sign recognition, a rearview camera, and the HondaSensing suite of active safety features, which includes adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, collision mitigation braking, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and road departure mitigation. Honda’s LaneWatch and front and rear parking sensors are also available.
See Prices of Other Vehicles in Kenya
- Audi Q7 Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- BMW Prices in Kenya: X1, X3, X5, X6, X7 (2021) – New & Used
- Bridgestone Tyres Price List in Kenya 
- Ford Ranger Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda CRV Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Fit Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Insight Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Honda Stream Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Hoverboard Prices In Kenya (2021)
- Lexus Cars & Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Mazda Demio Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Mazda Verisa Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Mitsubishi RVR Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Nissan Dualis Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan Juke Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan March Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Nissan Note Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Nissan Tiida Price in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Range Rover Prices in Kenya (2021) – Sport, Velar, Evoque, etc.
- Subaru Cars in Kenya & Price List (2021)
- Subaru Forester Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Subaru Impreza Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Suzuki Alto Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- TVS Motorcycle Prices in Kenya