In Africa, being a fashion designer comes with its own challenges, especially when it comes to satisfying customers and delivering the best on time. Most of the times, you are faced with clients that want their deliverables as soon as possible.
One of the best ways to curb this stress is to get a sewing machine that is both easy to operate and efficient. With the fashion industry booming in Kenya today, it is essential to know a lot more about sewing machines, including the types available and how much they go for I the current market in the country.
If you talk to anyone who sews, they will let you know that the sewing machine is the impeccable useful invention of the last two hundred years, by far. It easily allows you to design your own clothing, bedsheets and decorative items faster and skilfully.
For business owners, it affords them the opportunity to stylishly design people’s clothes and make money. It also makes quick work of stitching pieces of material. With the advancements and improvement to the sewing machine over the years, it has taken on a completely new dimension in fashioning.
Sewing machines are available in different types and range heavily in size, design, and functionality. From the small desk sewing machine to a mightier and stronger industrial machine, sewing machines come in various grades and depending on the use, they are relatively efficient.
While the world has majorly turned to the desk machine for small-scale fashion designs or personal use, the electric and industrial machines are usually used by fashion designers for commercial purposes. Kenya has wonderfully embraced the concept of sewing machines and it is one of the most sold in the country today.
With a lot of discussions around the sewing machines in Kenya today, one of the most talked about topics is how much it goes for in the market. In this post, we will take a look at the estimated prices of brand new and used sewing machines in Kenya. We will also consider some basic factors to take note when buying a sewing machine – whether new or used.
Prices of Brand New Sewing Machines in Kenya
To those that sew, a good sewing machine is such a relief as it makes sewing faster and more stylish. You can display your creativity on a good sewing machine and come up with a relay nice design and neat stitches. The demand for sewing machine has increased in recent times, prompting lots of other brands to come up with more functional and efficient machines. While the prices have not necessarily been affected, lots of new types of machines have been introduced, making it a bit tricky to pick on a particular type.
The prices of sewing machines vary heavily with type. For instance, industrial sewing machines are among the most expensive in the current market. Also, electric sewing machines are generally more expensive than manually operated ones. Just like most other machines, they vary in sizes, shapes, mode of operation, functionality and overall efficiency.
A brand new manual desk machine can be purchased for anything between Ksh 7,000 and Ksh 13,000 depending on the number of stitches. Also, a brand new electric sewing machine costs between Ksh 15,000 and Ksh 25,000 –although more industrial electric machines can cost up to Ksh 80,000.
The machines can be gotten directly from manufacturers or local distributors across the country. They can also be purchased online for convenience.
Prices of Used Sewing Machines in Kenya (2019)
Buying used sewing machines is not necessarily a bad idea. Provided the machine is in a great condition and offers almost everything you’d want, it is usually more economical. Most sewing machines are designed to be durable and maintain its functionality for a long time. This means that buying a machine that has been used for a few years could make perfect sense, especially buying some already known brands. Although there is still a place for brand new sewing machines, given their superiority in terms of neatness, sleekness, and overall presence, used machines are equally as efficient and functional
Kenya has overtime embraced the market of used products and you would expect used sewing machines to be popular in the market. They are available everywhere and depending on the type, size and mode of operation can be purchased at prices ranging between Ksh 3,000 and Ksh 15,000. This means that manually used sewing machines can be purchased between Ksh 3,000 and Ksh 8,000 or less, depending on the condition of the machine as at the period of purchase while electric and industrial sewing machine costs significantly more.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Sewing Machine
Purchasing a sewing machine, whether brand new or used, can be overwhelming with various options coming into the market today. You may be wondering whether you should buy a straight stitch, zigzag stitch or fancy stitch sewing machine. There are huge varieties in the models of sewing machines, such as regular duty machine, heavy duty machine, cabinet model machine, open arm, flatbed, etc. To streamline your options and get the perfect option for you, it is usually essential to consider some factors. Here are some of the factors to put in mind when buying a sewing machine
- Features: This is one of the first factors to consider. With so many things you can create with a sewing machine, it’s important that you consider the type of features before buying any. You don’t want to buy one and end up feeling insufficient because it lacks features that would have enhanced your creativity.
- Budget: Set a budget for the sewing machine you want and do well to stick with it. Sewing machines vary in prices and setting a budget streamlines your options. The most expensive sewing machine may not necessarily be the type you need anyway.
- Brand: Believe it or not, there are some brands of sewing machines that are superior to the others. Ensure that, you’re buying a known and trusted brand. Also, ensure that you’re buying directly from a local dealer from the brand.
Check Prices of Other Machines in Kenya
- Blender Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Boxer 150 Prices In Kenya (2021)
- Car Wash Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New and Used
- Epson L850 Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Excavator Prices In Kenya (2021)
- Generator Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Interlock Brick Making Machine Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Makiga Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Photocopy Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Popcorn Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Power Saw Prices in Kenya 
- Refrigerator Prices In Kenya 
- Sewing Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Thermometer Gun Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Treadmill Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Washing Machine Prices in Kenya 
- Weighing Scale Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Welding Machines prices in Kenya (2021)