A treadmill is a type of workout equipment used by fitness enthusiasts to stimulate low to high-intensity cardio conditioning and fitness sessions. Treadmills operate as a motorized system with a continuous belt rotation. It majorly helps to build bone density and muscle strength in the lower extremities.
Prices of Treadmills
|1.||Manual treadmills||Ksh 35,000 to Ksh 70,000|
|2.||Climbers/treadmills||Ksh 9,000 to Ksh 20,000|
|3.||Motorized treadmills||Ksh 80,000 to Ksh 130,000|
|4.||Commercial treadmills||Ksh 120,000 to Ksh 200,00+|
Benefits of Treadmills
- Treadmills exercise both the lower and upper bodies.
- You get to burn more calories on a treadmill compared to other equipment.
- It gives sensor readings; heart rate, pace, calories burned.
- Most treadmills are adjustable to mimic different road gradients.
- You get to run without interference from people walking about.
- It is used regardless of the weather condition.
Demerits of Treadmills
- The injury rates on treadmills are high and severe.
- Not suitable for persons with joint or muscle problems.
- Too large for home storage.
Types of Treadmills
Treadmills differ in terms of build, function, and operations. It might be typical to classify all treadmills as a general one. However, there are several types of treadmills, which this section will be highlighting.
- Manual Treadmills
Manual treadmills were basically the first set of treadmills designed. These treadmills are fully operated without an electrical source of power. The user’s movements on the belt (walking or running) gives the speed or pace of the treadmill’s belt. The belt does not rotate on its own neither does this type of treadmill affect the speed of the rotating belt.
- Motorized Treadmills
These types of treadmills (also known as electric treadmills) only function with an electric power supply. The belts on these treadmills are rotated by the machine and not by the movement of a user. Motorized treadmills allow a user to choose a particular speed from a range of speed options. These types of treadmills cost a lot higher than manual treadmills.
- Hybrid Treadmills
Hybrid treadmills (also known as tread climbers) are simply a combination of three exercise machines in one, having the benefits of a treadmill and elliptical trainer. These treadmills have two separate independent treads that can be set to go up and down (the elliptical trainer feel). Hybrid treadmills are very costly types of treadmills.
- Under Desk Treadmills
This type of treadmill is basically a regular treadmill with an office desk. It is an innovative idea for users that need to be working while exercising. Mostly recommended for people who need to burn high calories and need to keep up with their jobs.
- Medical Treadmills
Medical treadmills (zero gravity or anti-gravity treadmill) is a type of workout machine used by a medical professional to keep the body of patients fit without causing injury or unnecessary strain to the body. It is used mainly in rehabilitation centers due to the benefits it will provide for patients needing it.
How to Choose a Treadmill
If you are making a plan to hit the big stores for treadmills, certain features are must-haves or top considerations when purchasing.
- Maximum Weight
If you are heavily weighted or lightweight, your first thought should be the carrying capacity of the machine. A treadmill having a maximum carrying weight of 350 lbs. is considered a good treadmill; anything less might be substandard. Commercial treadmills mostly carry over 400 lbs. of human weight.
This is the build of the treadmill. Most frames have a steel or aluminium build, making them durable. You need to ensure that your desired treadmill has a strong and durable finishing before purchasing.
This is a machine, and like everything techy, there must be a reasonable warranty on your desired treadmill. At least there must be a 2-years parts warranty, 1-year labor warranty, and 5 – 10 years of frame warranty. If your treadmill has at least these number of years, then it is a good buy.
- Boxer 150 Prices In Kenya (March 2023)
- Car Wash Machine Prices in Kenya (March 2023)
- Epson L850 Prices in Kenya (March 2023)
- Excavator Prices In Kenya (March 2023)
- Generator Prices in Kenya (March 2023)
- Interlock Brick Making Machine Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Makiga Machine Prices in Kenya (March 2023)
- Photocopy Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Popcorn Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Power Saw Prices in Kenya 
- Refrigerator Prices In Kenya 
- Sewing Machine Prices in Kenya (2021) – New & Used
- Thermometer Gun Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Treadmill Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Washing Machine Prices in Kenya 
- Weighing Scale Prices in Kenya (2021)
- Welding Machines prices in Kenya (2021)